Correspondence, official papers and collections of Sir John Davys (solicitor general of Ireland 1603-6, attorney general 1606-19), chiefly relating to the public affairs of Ireland in 1603-13, and to a large extent warrants issued by Lord Deputy Chichester, 16th-17th cent.
At fol. 1 is the original Journal of the Irish Parliament of 1585-86, the earliest extant.
- Creation: 16th-17th cent.
Language of Materials
MS. Carte 61
Other Finding Aids
Falconer Madan, et al., A summary catalogue of western manuscripts in the Bodleian Library at Oxford which have not hitherto been catalogued in the Quarto series (7 vols. in 8 [vol. II in 2 parts], Oxford, 1895-1953; reprinted, with corrections in vols. I and VII, Munich, 1980), vol. III, no. 10507.
- From the Collection: Butler | James | 1610-1688 | 1st Duke of Ormonde | soldier and statesman (Person)
- From the Collection: Carte | Thomas | 1686-1754 | historian (Person)
- From the Collection: Davies | Sir | John | 1569-1626 | Knight | Attorney General of Ireland and Poet (Person)
- From the Collection: Fitzwilliam | Sir | William | 1526-1599 | Knight | Lord Deputy of Ireland (Person)
- From the Collection: Middleton | Charles | c. 1650-1719 | 2nd Earl of Middleton | statesman (Person)
- From the Collection: Montagu | Edward | 1625-1672 | 1st Earl of Sandwich | admiral (Person)
- From the Collection: Nairne | David | fl 1720 | Secretary to the Pretender (Person)
- From the Collection: Wharton | Philip | 1613-1696 | 4th Baron Wharton (Person)
- From the Collection: Wharton | Thomas | 1648-1716 | 1st Marquess of Wharton (Person)