Papers, mainly printed but with many manuscript annotations and markings, relating to the Round Table Conference, 1931-2, n.d.
- (fol.2) papers circulated by Sankey to members of the Federal Structure Committee, September 1931
- (fols. 19, 77, 182) papers circulated for the use of the Cabinet, 1931
- (fol. 37) answers compiled by Sankey to a questionaire on Indian constitutional problems, July 1931
- (fol. 48) notes on possible safeguards in an Indian constitution, July 1931
- (fol. 51) a note on "Sonder-Rechte" and their place in a federal constitution, n.d.
- (fol. 56) reports of sub-committees of the conference, comparing them with recommendations contained in the Indian Statutory Commission's Report, Government of India and Provincial Governments' despatches and the Nehru Report
- (fol. 67) statement issued by the Government of India on the conversations between the Governor-General of India and Gandhi
- (fol. 69) list compiled by Sankey of constitutional questions still to be dealt with by the Round Table Conference, June 1931
- (fol. 72) list of heads to be provided for in a Government of India Bill
- (fol. 77) a sketch act of Parliament, embodying the recommendations of the Federal Structure Committee, July 1931
- (fol. 108) a provisional sketch constitution, providing for "provincial autonomy," April, 1932
- (fol. 132) questiomaire circulated by Sankey to the British members of the Federal Structure Committee
- (fol. 169) memorandum by sir Samuel Findlater Stewart of the India Office on certain financial provisions in an Indian constitution, July 1931
- (fol. 178) papers circulated by Sankey to British members of the Federal Structure Committee on the committee's agenda, July 1931
- (fol. 182) two cabinet papers on the communal problem in India, March 1932.
- Creation: 1931-2, n.d.
Language of Materials
MS. Eng. hist. c. 542
They are kept as arranged by Sankey, whose indexes to them are at folios 1 and 55.