Papers, both printed and manuscript, comprising submissions of individuals and Cabinet memoranda in connection with the Round Table Conference, 1930-1, n.d.
The papers include:
- (fol. 2) heads for discussion circulated by Sankey to the Federal Relations Committee of the Indian Round Table Conference, November 1930
- (fol. 4) suggested topics for discussion by the Federal Structure Committee, December 1930
- (fol. 6) heads for discussion suggested by sir Tej Bahadur Sapru, November 1930
- (fol. 12) Sankey's views on the progress of the Round Table Conference, December 1930
- (fols. 15, 70) seventeen papers on various topics before the Round Table Conference, circulated for the use of the Cabinet
- (fol. 58) draft of general resolutions embodying the provisional findings of the Round Table Conference, December 1930
- (fol. 62) tables of statistics relating to the various provinces, states and territories of India
- (fol. 65) a directory of the members of the Round Table Conference, as at 19 December 1930
- (fol. 78) a memorandum circulated to Indian princes and chiefs by the Chancellor of the Chamber of Princes, 12 May 1931
- (fol. 86) a memorandum embodying suggestions made by James Ramsay MacDonald as to the future government of India, December 1930
- (fol. 89) five separate drafts for a statement embodying the government's views on the future government of India, January 1931
- (fol. 164) "Some considerations on the nature of government suitable to India", by G.T. Wrench, 1930
- (fol. 166) letter of Narayan Malhar Joshi, giving notice of amendments he wishes to propose to the interim report of the Federal Structure Committee, December 1930
- (fol. 168) a copy of the fourteen points of Mahomed Ali Jinnah
- (fol. 169) a statement compiled by B.S. Moonje giving the views of the Hindu Maha Sabha on Moslem demands
- (fol. 171) a statement compiled by K.T. Paul embodying the claims of the Indian Christian community, December 1930
- (fol. 177) a letter, signed by B.S. Moonje and others, protesting at aspects of the conduct of the Round Table Conference, December 1930
- (fol. 184) notes by Sankey on the financial aspects of Indian government, December 1930
- (fol. 186) copy of a memorandum by sir Akbar Hydari, February 1931
- (fol. 195) memorandum giving the views of Rufus Daniel Isaacs, 1st marquis of Reading, on the progress of the Round Table Conference, February 1931
- (fol. 199) notes by India Office officials, March 1931
- (fol. 202) note by sir Prabhashanker Dalpatram Pattani, n.d.
- Creation: 1930-1, n.d.
Language of Materials
MS. Eng. hist. c. 541
These items have been kept as arranged by Sankey, whose indexes appear at folios 1 and 84.