The crestomathy, Date not recorded at time of cataloguing
The Oxford University Press planned in the 1930s to publish two volumes of documents illustrating the history of the English book trade from 1660 to 1830, to be edited by Pollard, and to be called Documents on the Book Trade. Photostats and transcripts were made, but the work was interrupted by the war, and not resumed afterwards. The material is arranged here according to the outline scheme. There is an almost complete typescript of Part VIII, sections A, D and E (Advertising). The papers were used for other projects, particularly The distribution of books by catalogue.
Part VIII, 'Advertising', containing
- (fols. 1-28) general introduction
- (fols. 29-51) section A, 'Posting title pages'
- (fols. 52-70) section B, 'Catalogues in books'
- (fols. 71-97) section C, 'Publishers' proposals'
- Creation: Date not recorded at time of cataloguing
Language of Materials
MS. Pollard 279