Personal papers, 1812-1860
(items 1-3) three small notebooks containing Lady Byron's notes on characters, 1812, n.d.
(item 4) miscellaneous papers including:
- (fols. 1-31) notes on characters, c.1811-1816
- (fols. 32-39) list of friends, 1809
- (fols. 40-41) notes on happiness in society, 1813
- (fols. 44-53) notes on Childe Harold, c.1815
- (fols. 54-64) 'reflections and self-examinations', 1816-1819
- (fols. 65-66) Lady Noel's character of Ada Byron, 1817, copied by the 1st Earl of Lovelace, c.1841
- (fols. 74-75) notes on visiting Newstead Abbey, 1818
- (fol. 80) note on the destruction of Byron's Memoirs, n.d.
- (fol. 82) extract of a letter from E.J. Trelawny to Henry Hoare, 10 Apr 1824
- (fols. 86-87) Lady Byron's character of Ada Byron, 1834, and of Viscount Ockham, 1836
- (fols. 88-102) notes on Ada Byron as a child, some by Lady Byron, 1817, 1823, n.d.
- (fol. 108) drawing by Lady Byron of Ada on her deathbed, 1852
- (fol. 141) words written on a metal memorandum board, probably by Lady Byron in 1860 but possibly by Lady Lovelace in 1852
(item 5) notebook kept by a governess of Ada Byron's, c.1821
(item 6) notebook kept by Lady Byron for Ada, Jun-Oct 1821, Jan 1822, 1828
- Creation: 1812-1860
Language of Materials
Dep. Lovelace Byron 118