Papers of James Sykes relating to the Byron family and miscellaneous Byron family papers
(fols. 1-99) papers of James Sykes relating to the Byron family including:
- (fol. 1) papers relating to the affairs of Juliana Elizabeth Byron, later Lady Horton, 1771-1805, with (fol. 12) a letter from Juliana to her sister Sophia Maria, n.d.
- (fol. 13) letters from Richard Byron, R.N., to James Sykes junior, 1807, and senior, 1810, with miscellaneous receipts, 1823, 1826
- (fol. 30) letters from the Rev Richard Byron to Sykes, 1810-1811
- (fol. 40) letters from Mrs Sophia Byron to Sykes, 1779, 1786, n.d.
- (fol. 60) letter from Thomas Graham to Sykes, about the administration of William, 5th Lord Byron's estate, 1799
- (fol. 62) letter from William John Byron (d. 1794) to Sykes, 1790, with papers relating to his affairs, 1791-1793
- (fol. 75) letters from Charles Leigh to Sykes, 1788, 1792, with papers concerning his wife Frances's affairs, 1793, 1822, 1823
- (fol. 85) papers concerning the affairs of vice-admiral Christopher Parker and his wife Augusta (née Byron), 1792-1793
(fols. 100-217) miscellaneous Byron family papers:
- (fol. 100) letter from Edward Byron to a saddler, 1789
- (fol. 102) letters to Frances Leigh (née Byron), 1784-1791, from (fols. 103-104) her father, John Byron, 1784, (fols. 105-121) her brother George Anson Byron, 1787-1793, and (fols. 122-188) her brother John Byron, 1788-1791
- (fol. 191) pedigree of the Byron family, late 18th cent.
- (fols. 192-217) Account of the Trial of William, Lord Byron... (London, 1765)
- Creation: 1771-1826
Language of Materials
Dep. Lovelace Byron 161