Papers relating to the Report on the ventilation of mines and collieries , 1850
Papers prepared by Phillips and presented to Parliament, including:
- (fols. 1-61) correspondence, 1849-50.
- (fols. 62-187) drafts.
- (fols. 188-218) drawings and lithographs.
- (fols. 219-29) evidence concerning a fatal accident at Thorpe Hall colliery near Leeds, 1849.
- (fols. 230-87) account, by Phillips, of an accident at Usworth colliery, Co. Durham, 1850.
- (fols. 288-330) tables of observations on ventilation at various mines, 1850, n.d.
- (fols. 331-4) plans by John Hedley of Wigan for improved ventilation systems, 1843.
- (fols. 335-95) report on the `modes in which fire damp exists and issues in coal mines', c. 1846.
- (fols. 399-450) printed reports, 1846-51.
- Creation: 1850
Language of Materials
Dep. B.A.A.S. 61