Miscellaneous letters and papers concerning the National Convention, 1908-9
MS. Nathan 393
- (fol. 2) the resolution adopted at the inter-colonial conference, Pretoria 5 May 1908.
- (fol. 8) information concerning the Canadian constitution, from E. W. Thompson, July 1908.
- (fol. 41) information concerning the Australian constitution, Aug. 1908.
- (fol. 88) Memorandum concerning the Canadian civil service.
- (fol. 114) a press article on the Convention from 'Ons Land' 29 Sept.1908.
- (fol. 124) notes on the second meeting by Sir Matthew Nathan.
- (fol. 128) notes on Natal trade, 29 Sept. 1908.
- (fol. 134) proofs of correspondence with the Secretary of State 10 Oct.1908-12 Oct.1908.
- (fol. 140) a list of delegates, advisers and clerical staff at the Convention, 12 Oct.1908.
- (fol. 144) copy of a telegram to the Secretary of State, 13 Oct. 1908.
- (fol. 146) papers on Dutch and English on language, native franchise and native protectorates.
- (fol. 201) correspondence with the Secretary of State, (18 Jan. 1909-28 Jan.1909).
- (fol. 204) telegram from Sir Matthew Nathan to the High Commissioner, Capetown, 28 Jan. 1909.
- (fol. 208) draft of the South Africa Act, 2 Feb. 1909 and report of the convention.
- (fol. 235) correspondence with the Secretary of State, 11 Feb.1909-27 Feb. 1909.
- (fol. 237) minutes of the meeting of the committee of the whole council (8 Mar. 1909).
- (fol. 240) correspondence concerning Port Rates.
- (fol. 260) cuttings and resolutions on the draft Act, Apr. 1909.
MS. Nathan 393