Lectures notes and speeches, including many on the history of education in England and in Germany, 1916-35, n.d.
MS. Eng. c. 7117
- (fols. 1-7) 'Contrasts between German and English education', typescript, 13 Jan. 1916
- (fols. 8-19) 'The appeal of the National Mission to children', typescript copy of a speech given at the Church Institute, Leeds, 11 Oct. 1916
- (fols. 20-3) 'Allotments and the food supply', duplicated typescript of a paper presented to the Conference on Allotments, Leeds, 23 Nov. 1916
- (fols. 24-38) 'Parallel movements in German and English education since the beginning of the war', typescript copy of an article published in Indian Education, Nov. 1917
- (fols. 39-60) 'The strength and weakness of German education', typescript, c.1917
- (fols. 61-84) 'The heart of education', typescript copy of a paper presented to the York Education Conference, 11-12 Nov. 1919
- (fols. 85-95) 'The conscience clauses in English schools of various types', typescript report, June 1921
- (fols. 96-108) 'Education in England. The English public schools and public spirit', typescript, Sept. 1921
- (fols. 109-19) 'Educational outlook', holograph speech, 22 Nov. 1927
- (fols. 120-6) 'The English philosophy of education', typescript, c.1931
- (fol. 127) 'Dr. George Kerschensteiner' duplicated typescript of part of an obituary written for The Times, Jan. 1932
- (fols. 128-66) 'English education in the eighteenth century', duplicated typescript lecture notes for 'Oxford summer vacation course for American women graduates and teachers', 9 July 1932
- (fols. 167-72) 'The new Germany and peace', copy of a book review, duplicated typescript, c.1933
- (fols. 173-7) 'Democracy and an elite', typescript copy of a speech delivered to the Leeds Luncheon Club, 12 Feb. 1934
- (fols. 178-82) typescript copy of an address to the Public Health Congress, London, 20 Nov. 1934
- (fols. 183-210) 'The spiritual elements in education', duplicated typescript copy of part of the Winifred Mercier Memorial Lecture, 10 Nov. 1935
- (fols. 211-27) 'The history of education', typescript lecture notes, n.d.
- (fols. 228-31) 'The new movement in education', typescript speech delivered at Leyton Town Hall, n.d.
- (fols. 232-7) 'German influence in English education', duplicated typescript, n.d.
- (fols. 238-41) 'German education in the nineteenth century. Developments in higher secondary education in southern Germany and Austria from 1870 onwards', typescript, n.d.
- 1916-35, n.d.
MS. Eng. c. 7117