Documents for Chapters 3-8 comprising
- File 1: documents, 1965-1979, for chapter 3 on 'The Unilateral Declaration of Independence' including minutes of the Rhodesian Security Council in Oct-Nov 1965 and notes taken in connection with the Lancaster House Conference, Sep-Dec 1979
- File 2: documents, 1964-1980, for chapter 4 on 'The Economic War, 1965-72' including notes by Flower on relations with Portugal, and on his visits to Lourenco Marques in July 1965 and to Maputo in February 1980
- File 3: documents, 1965-1971, for chapter 5 on 'The Political War, 1965-72' including notes on Anglo-Rhodesian relations
- File 4: documents, 1965-1972, for chapter 6 on 'Counter-Insurgency, 1964-72' including notes on the security situation in Tete Province, 1971, the threat to Rhodesia from Mozambique, Jun 1972, Flower's meeting with Dr Caetano, Aug 1972, and his visit to Europe in Aug-Sep 1972
- File 5: documents, 1970-1976, for chapter 7 on 'The Internal Situation, 1972-76' including the proposed deprivation of Arthur Guy Clutton-Brock's citizenship, briefings for the Prime Minister on internal and external security, an intelligence assessment of the threat to Rhodesia and minutes of the War Council.
- File 6: documents, 1967-1976, for chapter 8 on 'External Escalation, 1972-76' including meeting between Ian Smith and Dr Vorster in April 1967, several visits by Flower to South Africa from September 1970 to March 1976, and meeting between the American Secretary of State and a Rhodesian delegation in September 1976