Oxfordshire collections, early 19th cent.
Dep. d. 72
Held at the Weston Library
- (fols. 1-142) transcript of terrier of lands in Oxfordshire temp. Eliz., with nature of tenure and names of owners, with index (British Library, Ayscough 4700)
- (fols. 143-184) account of Hundreds, towns and villages in Oxfordshire with names of Lords of Manors, Patrons and Incumbents etc. temp. Chas. I, with index of names (British Library, Harl. MS. 843)
- (fols. 185-260) translation of T. Cole's extracts from Lincoln Diocesan Registers, including those relating to the Archdeaconry of Oxfordshire
- (fols. 261-264) short account of a tour in Oxfordshire in 1710 by inhabitants of Hoyland, Lincolnshire (British Library, Lansd. MS. 688)
- (fol. 264-270) substance of Chantry roll no. 38, Augmentation Office, describing endowments and obligations of Oxfordshire chantries
- (fols. 271-273) extracts from Oxford Episcopal. register, vol. 1
- (fols. 274-286) extracts from registers of archbishops Parker, Grindal, Whitgift, Bancroft and Abbot relating to institutions during vacancies of the see of Oxford
- (fols. 288-317) extracts from episcopal registers and other sources relating to institutions to livings in Oxfordshire
- (fols. 319-328) extracts from Cole's MSS and Bacon's Liber Regis etc., relating to churches and chapels in the Oxfordshire Deaneries of the diocese of Oxford, with names of saints to whom they are dedicated, patrons, and number of bells
- (fols. 329-353) list of parishes with names of incumbents and patrons extracted from the Ecclesiastical Directory, 1829
- Creation: early 19th cent.
Language of Materials
Dep. d. 72