Documents about the production of Agrippa., 1991-6, n.d.
MS. Eng. c. 7980
- (folder 1) "Oxford 1 Oxford 4/2011 ready to ship" Invitation to the 'unveiling' of Agrippa. Photographs removed to MS. Photogr. c. 503.
- (folder 2) "Agrippa": Photocopies from the Kodak catalogue featuring the original 'Agrippa' album, and a copy of a page from the Gutenberg Bible.
- (folder 3) "PR": Four press releases announcing Agrippa.
- (folder 4) "The Code": Documents relating to the production of the encryption code for the floppy disk. Includes instructions for the Agrippa diskette with a note to Kevin Begos from the developer of the disk on the reverse; letters and faxes from the developer regarding progress on the encryption; a possible printout of the encrypted text; pages and faxes containing calculations; photocopied extracts from "An Introduction to the Theory of Numbers: Fourth Edition" by G.H. Hardy and E.M. Wright (p.52) and "The Doctrine of Transcendental Magic", with highlighted passages referring to Agrippa; and a printout of Agrippa computer code.
- (folder 5) "Poem": An incomplete copy of Gibson's poem, missing some pages at the beginning and the end.
- (folder 6) "Images": Ashbaugh's etchings with adverts printed over them, and large copies of the adverts.
- (folder 7) "Images": Transparencies of some of the adverts in the previous folder.
- (folder 8) "KB essay": extract from an essay by Kevin Begos about the making of Agrippa, with annotations, along with a letter from Allan Chasanoff about the essay.
- (folder 9) "Barlow": Correspondence between Kevin Begos and John Perry Barlow regarding encryption issues and the National Security Agency, and a copy of the invitation list and Agenda for the Computer Professionals for Social Responsibility 2nd Cryptography and Privacy Conference.
- (folder 10) "Sequence": Contains a printout of the genetic sequence used in Agrippa (the biocid maternal morphogen genomic sequence) with printers marks, and a photocopy from a textbook about CRGP and DNA sequencing.
- (folder 11) "Greg Elin": Letter of agreement for a prototype CD-ROM of Agrippa, between Greg Elin and Rich Lappensbush, producers, and Kevin Begos Publishing, Inc., publisher.
- (folder 12) "Gibson" "Not for Publication or copying" "Gibson Correspondence" : Letters to Gibson and Martha Millard, and faxes from Gibson regarding the publication and promotion of Agrippa.
- (folder 13) "4/2011 Oxford to be copied": Contract between William Gibson and Kevin Begos for Agrippa; a coupon from Genosys Biotechnologies; a note regarding foreign editions; letters regarding publicity in Germany; letters concerning the transmission; and about expenses arrangements.
- 1991-6, n.d.
1 box (13 folders)
Conditions Governing Access
The contents of folders 12 and 13 may not be copied, transcribed or published without the written approval of Kevin Begos Jr.
MS. Eng. c. 7980
A metal dog tag that reads 'Retirw William Gibson Tsitra Dennis Ashbaugh 1946-48/1992' is now JL896 and a slightly rusted metal plate that reads 'William Gibson Dennis Ashbaugh' is now JL897.