Documents about the production of Agrippa., 1991-6, n.d.
MS. Eng. c. 7980
- (folder 1) "Oxford 1 Oxford 4/2011 ready to ship" Invitation to the 'unveiling' of Agrippa. Photographs removed to MS. Photogr. c. 503.
- (folder 2) "Agrippa": Photocopies from the Kodak catalogue featuring the original 'Agrippa' album, and a copy of a page from the Gutenberg Bible.
- (folder 3) "PR": Four press releases announcing Agrippa.
- (folder 4) "The Code": Documents relating to the production of the encryption code for the floppy disk. Includes instructions for the Agrippa diskette with a note to Kevin Begos from the developer of the disk on the reverse; letters and faxes from the developer regarding progress on the encryption; a possible printout of the encrypted text; pages and faxes containing calculations; photocopied extracts from "An Introduction to the Theory of Numbers: Fourth Edition" by G.H. Hardy and E.M. Wright (p.52) and "The Doctrine of Transcendental Magic", with highlighted passages referring to Agrippa; and a printout of Agrippa computer code.
- (folder 5) "Poem": An incomplete copy of Gibson's poem, missing some pages at the beginning and the end.
- (folder 6) "Images": Ashbaugh's etchings with adverts printed over them, and large copies of the adverts.
- (folder 7) "Images": Transparencies of some of the adverts in the previous folder.
- (folder 8) "KB essay": extract from an essay by Kevin Begos about the making of Agrippa, with annotations, along with a letter from Allan Chasanoff about the essay.
- (folder 9) "Barlow": Correspondence between Kevin Begos and John Perry Barlow regarding encryption issues and the National Security Agency, and a copy of the invitation list and Agenda for the Computer Professionals for Social Responsibility 2nd Cryptography and Privacy Conference.
- (folder 10) "Sequence": Contains a printout of the genetic sequence used in Agrippa (the biocid maternal morphogen genomic sequence) with printers marks, and a photocopy from a textbook about CRGP and DNA sequencing.
- (folder 11) "Greg Elin": Letter of agreement for a prototype CD-ROM of Agrippa, between Greg Elin and Rich Lappensbush, producers, and Kevin Begos Publishing, Inc., publisher.
- (folder 12) "Gibson" "Not for Publication or copying" "Gibson Correspondence" : Letters to Gibson and Martha Millard, and faxes from Gibson regarding the publication and promotion of Agrippa.
- (folder 13) "4/2011 Oxford to be copied": Contract between William Gibson and Kevin Begos for Agrippa; a coupon from Genosys Biotechnologies; a note regarding foreign editions; letters regarding publicity in Germany; letters concerning the transmission; and about expenses arrangements.
- 1991-6, n.d.
1 box (13 folders)
Language of Materials
- From the Collection: English
Conditions Governing Use
The contents of folders 12 and 13 may not be copied, transcribed or published without the written approval of Kevin Begos Jr.
MS. Eng. c. 7980
A metal dog tag that reads 'Retirw William Gibson Tsitra Dennis Ashbaugh 1946-48/1992' is now JL896 and a slightly rusted metal plate that reads 'William Gibson Dennis Ashbaugh' is now JL897.