Working papers, c.1949-1982
Comprises files entitled:
- 'Fleming, Publication Correspondence, OUP, Bolt and Watson, Chatto & Windus': correspondence regarding proofreading, corrections, agreements with the publisher and with other publishers and the author's agent, 1980-1984.
- 'Fleming, Expenses': hotel bills, travel and subsistence accounts, and correspondence with accountants, 1980-1984.
- 'Fleming, Permissions (and copyright papers)': requests to quote from other works in Macfarlane’s biography, 1982 including a letter, 27 Jul 1982, from 'Kits' [Van Heyningen?] containing recollections of Fleming and Chain and referring to another letter regarding Fleming.
- 'Fleming: Travels; Personal History 1942-1955; Re Marriage; Sarah's Death Certificate': notes regarding these and a copy of the death certificate of Sarah Marion Fleming, wife of Sir Alexander (28 Oct 1949).
- 'Fleming, Illustrations': photographs of Fleming and others and related correspondence, c.1982.
- 'Fleming, Current Manuscript Work': mainly regarding proofreading, 1982-1983.
1 box (6 folders)