Development Education activity packs, 1990-2004
- 'Go Bananas'. The pack consisits of a set of photographs and activity sheets for children aged from five to eleven, about the journey of a banana from the Caribbean to the UK, written by Ange Grunsell and Theresa Stearn of the Primary Education Unit in North London. There are three editions dated, 1990,1995 and 2004.
- '"Make your Mark": A pack for adult literacy groups', designed by Sarah Crowley, 1990. The pack includes information sheets about literacy groups in Namibia, an article from 'Oxfam Project News', a bookmark for International Literacy Year and a flier for the Education Catalogue 1990/1991.
- 'Changing Places; a teaching pack on Brazil, the UK and the Environment', written and trialled by Chris Mason and Sarah Wilkinson for the Development Education Unit in Newcastle, 1991. The pack contains a teachers' booklet and case study sheets for use with sixth form students.
- 'Yorkshire Tea "Trees for Life" 1991'. The pack is supporting material for Yorkshire Tea's tea planting project in the Hararghe region of Ethiopia, which is in partnership with Oxfam. [Produced by Taylors Tea & Coffee, Harrogate].
Also includes 'Photo Opportunities', 1991-2002. These four packs were designed for primary school students and contain photographs, and a teachers' booklet. Comprising:
- Photo Opportunities, 1991 and a Third edition, 2000. The origianl photographs were taken from the '1991 Oxfam Diary'.
- Photo Opportunities Maths, written by Jayne Spiller, 2001. The pack also includes a wallchart.
- 'Photo Opportunities Science', written by Pamela Wadsworth, 2002. The pack was published with The Association for Science Education, and also includes a wallchart.
1 box (5 folders)