Philosophy of Art, 1918-1931
- (Dep. Collingwood 25/1), 'Words and Tune', an essay written Sept. 1918. 14 leaves.
- (Dep. Collingwood 25/2), Outline of 'Lectures on the Philosophy of Art Delivered... T[rinity] T[erm] 1924', with (fols. 45-6) an accompanying letter from 'E.F.C.', possibly Edgar Carritt, July 1924. 46 leaves.
- (Dep. Collingwood 25/3), Galley proofs, with manuscript corrections by Collingwood, of 'Aesthetic', published in The Mind: A Series of Lectures Delivered in King's College, London (1927), ed. R.J.S. McDowall, pp. 214-44. 9 leaves.
- (Dep. Collingwood 25/4), 'Aesthetic Theory and Artistic Practice' a paper written Feb. 1931 and due 'to be delivered, in abbreviated form, as a lecture before the British Institute of Philosophical Studies on March 17, 1931'. i + 46 leaves.
- (Dep. Collingwood 25/5), 'Notes on aesthetic - for the paper Aesthetic Theory & Artistic Practice', n.d., [c.1930-1]. i + 13 leaves.
- (Dep. Collingwood 25/6), Notes on L.A. Reid's A Study in Aesthetics (1931), n.d., [c.1931]. [See also Dep. Collingwood 17/10.] 5 leaves.
- (Dep. Collingwood 25/7), Draft review of The Philosophy of Art (1931) by C.J. Ducasse, published in Philosophy Vol. 6 (1931), pp. 383-6. 8 leaves.
- (Dep. Collingwood 25/8), 'Art and the Machine', n.d. 21 leaves.
- (Dep. Collingwood 25/9), 'Estetica', a typescript paper in Italian, with manuscript corrections, by Benedetto Croce, accompanied by his card, dated Feb. 1928, presumably sent to Collingwood for translation, and possibly published in the Encyclopedia Britannica 14th ed. (1929) under the title 'Aesthetic'. 38 leaves.
Dep. Collingwood 25/4-7 were found tied together in a cardboard folder.
- Creation: 1918-1931
Language of Materials
Dep. Collingwood 25