Notes and papers, 1920-1940
- (Dep. Collingwood 19/1) Notes on Croce's philosophy, July 1920. Fols. 3 and 4 are written on the reverse of a letter to Collingwood from R. Gordon George, 24 Dec. 1919, commenting on Collingwood's lecture on Platonism, 'A Footnote to Future History' [see also Dep. Collingwood 12/1-2]. 4 leaves.
- (Dep. Collingwood 19/2) Rough draft on 'Pure Existence', 'Space and Time' and 'Matter', apparently a revision of sections of 'Notes towards a Metaphysic, B' [Dep. Collingwood 18/4], Feb. 1934. i + 32 leaves.
- (Dep. Collingwood 19/3) 'Method and Metaphysics - Paper read before the Jowett Society, 19 June 1935'. 33 leaves.
- (Dep. Collingwood 19/4) 'Experiment in New Realism' 1935. 6 leaves.
- (Dep. Collingwood 19/5) Notes on causation, 1937. 74 leaves, 24-74 blank; red exercise book.
- (Dep. Collingwood 19/6) Offprint from the Proceedings of the Aristotelian Society Vol. 38 (1937-8), pp. 85-112, of 'The so-called Idea of Causation', a paper read before the Society by Collingwood in Jan. 1938, with (fols. 15-20) letters to Collingwood concerning the paper from Edgar Wind and J.A. Smith, Jan. 1938. 20 leaves.
- (Dep. Collingwood 19/7) Incomplete manuscript concerning metaphysics, containing only pp. 29-, possibly part of Collingwood's An Essay on Metaphysics (1940), n.d. 24 leaves.
- (Dep. Collingwood 19/8) 'Causation in Spinoza', n.d. i + 7 leaves.
- (Dep. Collingwood 19/9) Rough sketch on the problem of freedom and the relation between mind and body, n.d. 11 leaves.
- Creation: 1920-1940
Language of Materials
Dep. Collingwood 19
A single leaf, evidently a title page, entitled 'Central Problems in Metaphysics - Lecture written April 1935, for delivery T[rinity] T[erm] 1935', originally in this box, transferred to Dep. Collingwood 20/1, fol. 1.