Essays and papers, 1906-1915
- manuscript paper based on Ainsworth v. Pilkinton for a local history society [Hatherlow? Cheshire], c.1906
File 2: manuscripts essays, many annotated,
- 'The Early Renaissance in England', 1906
- 'Contrast F[rederick]. i & F[rederick]. ii in Lombardy', n.d.
- 'Frederick in Sicily a [?] despot', n.d.
- 'The Church which was not a mother, but a stepmother to me'. Early years of F[rederick]. ii., n.d.
- John Seldon. (Selections from a Paper read before the Historical Society, on Tuesday, February 26.) from The Manchester University Magazine. N.S. no.22 Apr. 1907 v.3, pp.181-183
- typescript essay on John Selden, 1910
- two manuscript essays on the nature of historical study and writing, 1914
- manuscript essay, 'The Study of History in the Sixteenth and Seventeenth Centuries', 1915 [unpublished]