Postcards, index slips, correspondence, notes, manuscripts and typescripts, 1920s-1990s
- typescripts and manuscripts (most showing annotations and corrections) on 'Satellites of Sulla', 'The Unspeakable Fufidius', 'Sallust and Bestia', 'Rome and Arpinum', 'Catilina's Three Marriages', 'Crassus, Catilina and the Vestal Virgins', 'The Consular Elections, 70-66 BC', 'Aelius Aristides', 'The Martyrdom of Polycarp', 'Proconsuls in Patristic Sources', 'The Punishment of Christians', 'Tacite et Proust', 'Sallust on Crassus', 'Sallust's List of Conspirators'
- typescripts on 'The Group Movement: A Tacitean Fragment' (in Latin), 'De Coniuratione Bodleiana' (in Latin) and 'Romada dil ve Siyaset' (in Turkish)
- index slips and notes including on Hadrian and the Antonine dynasty
- article, 'A Lost Legate of Aquitania' from Zeitschrift für Papyrologie und Epigraphik, 1989 (photocopy)
- typescript report on a journey in Phrygia and Piaidia, 1944 (photocopy)
- typescript notes on travel in inner Anatolia (for the British Council), 1944 (photocopy)
- miscellaneous invitations, 1960s-1970s
- photocopies and transcripts of letters from [-] Drexel, H. Last and M.N. Tod, 1929-1967
- letters from Syme to A.R. Birley, mainly discussing the publication of Roman Papers, in particular the arrangement of the chapters and spelling corrections, 1980s
- newspaper obituary of Syme and letter about the Sir Ronald Syme Memorial Fund Appeal, 1989-1990
Conditions Governing Access
Some material is closed.