Letters, 1943-1951, Bulk, 1943-1951
Original correspondence with notes and transcripts by William Smyly, c. 2009.
- Folder 1: Letters David Smyly while evacuated to Queen's College, Cambridge, 1943-1945.
- Folder 2: Family letters, including letters from William Smyly while on active service, letters from David Smyly while studying at Trinity College, Dublin and Queen's College, Cambridge, and letters from Jocelyn Smyly regarding the Communists' advance towards Tsinan, 1943-1949.
- Folder 3: Letters from David Smyly, mostly sent from Queen's College, Cambridge, 1945-1946.
- Folder 4: Letters from William Smyly sent from Cambridge and Grimsby, 1947-1950. Also includes a letter to George Franks dated 1944.
- Folder 5: Letters to Jocelyn and Eileen Smyly, mostly from people they met while in China, 1945-1951.
- Folder 6: Letters to and from Jocelyn Smyly, sent from and while travelling to Tsinan, 1946-1948.
- Majority of material found within Bulk, 1943-1951
- 1943-1951, c. 2009
1 box (6 folders)
Language of Materials