Documents, mainly photocopies, collected by Owen A. Barfield, 1918-1998
Pink folder conprising:
- (fols. 1-4) letter from Harry Barfield, older brother of Owen Barfield, to his sister, Diana, whilst on active service, 29 Nov. 1918, photocopy
- (fols. 5-12) letter from Owen Barfield to his cousin, Arnold Barfield, 1945, photocopy
- (fols. 13-15) letters from Owen Barfield to his daughter-in-law's father, Dr. Ignacio Ribas-Marques, relating to family affairs, 1966-1968
- (fols. 16-19) 'Information for my Literary Executors', two different versions of this document, one dated 1979 and one dated March 1985, and later altered to April 1985, recording his wishes for the disposal of books, manuscripts and letters, with pencil notes recording some of the actions taken; together with an empty envelope, referred to in the above, annotated thus, 'for Literary Executors / (Early) Memorandum etc & (later) Letters / re "Literary Remains" / (plus some correspondence relating thereto)'
- (fol. 20) death certificate for Owen Barfield, 15 Dec. 1997, photocopy
- (fol. 21) grant of probate for Owen Barfield, 8 Apr. 1998, photocopy
- (fol. 22) coat of arms and motto for Owen Barfield, two copies
- (fols. 23-25) email from Philip Zaleski, 2008, containing a transcription of two documents written by Owen Barfield in Greek, relating to C.S. Lewis; originals are in the Marion E.Wade collection, Wheaton College, Illinois, USA
- Creation: 1918-1998
Language of Materials
Conditions Governing Access
The permission of the depositor is required to access this material. Please send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org, outlining the subject of your research, the importance of this item to that research, and the resources you have already consulted.
Dep. c. 1260