Articles relating to Barfield, 1978-1996
Dep. c. 1243
- Natalie Crohn Schmitt, 'The Idea of a Person in Medieval Morality Plays', Comparative Drama, 12.1, 23-34 (1978)
- reviews of Lionel Adey, C.S. Lewis's "Great War" with Owen Barfield, 1978-1983
- news of recent literary work by or about Barfield, in Towards, 1.4 (1979)
- Georg Unger, 'Uebersetzung aus dem buch "Worlds Apart - A dialogue of the 1960's" by Owen Barfield', Mathematisch – Physikalische Korrespondenz, 117, 14-29 (1980)
- Richard A. Hocks, 'Polanyi and Barfield: Complementary Theorists', Polanyi Society, 10.2 (1983), photocopy
- Karla Smart Kadrmas, 'Owen Barfield Reads Margaret Atwood: The Concepts of Participatory and Nonparticipatory Consciousness as Present in Surfacing', in Margaret Atwood: Reflection and Reality, ed. by Beatrice Mendez-Egle (Texas, 1987), photocopy
- Francis J. Morris, 'Owen Barfield', in Critical Survey of Literary Theory (Pasadena, 1988), pp. 95-101, proof and photocopy of published version, annotated by Barfield
- John D. Rateliff, 'Introduction to Eager Spring', 6 Jan. 1989, photocopy
- 'A Tribute to a Modern Patriarch: Owen Barfield at 90', Das Goetheanum (1989), p. 7, photocopy
- Lee W. Bailey, 'Skull's Darkroom: the camera obscura and subjectivity', Philosophy of Technology (1989), with covering letter from the author, and pencil annotations
- Brian Stockwell, 'A 90th Birthday Tribute to Owen Barfield', typescript later published in the Emerson College Newsletter (1989), with a covering letter from the author, 1988
- Peter Schakel's review of Owen Barfield, Owen Barfield on C.S. Lewis (Wesleyan University Press, 1989), photocopy
- Jeanne Hunter, 'Owen Barfield: A Change of Consciousness', Nassau Review [1980s], 93-101
- G.B. Tennyson, 'Owen Barfield: First and last Inklings', The World & I, Apr. 1990, 540-555, photocopy
- Stephen Thorson, 'Lewis and Barfield on Imagination', Mythlore, 17.3 (1991), 16-21
- Richard A. Hocks, 'The "Other" Postmodern Theorist: Owen Barfield's Concept of the Evolution of Consciousness', Tradition and Discovery, 18.1 (1991-2), 27-39, photocopy
- Clive Tolley, 'Tolkien's "Essay on Man" ', Inklings-Jahrbuch, 10 (Jan. 1992), 219-229, inscribed to Barfield by the author
- G.B. Tennyson, 'Trafalgar Square Revisited', California Political Review, Winter 1992, photocopy
- Elmar Schenkel, 'Visions from the Verge: Terror and Play in G.K. Chesterton's Imagination', in Twentieth-Century Fantasists, ed. by Kath Filmer (1992), pp.34-47, photocopy, inscribed by the author, and containing pencil annotations
- G.B. Tennyson, 'On Location, Without Tears', California Political Review, Winter 1994, photocopy
- James E. Person's review of Owen Barfield, A Barfield Sampler in University Bookman, 34.1 (1994), photocopy
- Charles A. Huttar, 'Angels in the Thought of C.S. Lewis', Perspectives, 12 (1994), photocopy, with a citation written by Huttar, 'Owen Barfield: Lifetime Achievement Award'
- Astrid Diener, 'An Interview with Owen Barfield', Mythlore, 20.4 (1995), 14-19
- G.B. Tennyson, 'Fifteen Seconds of Fame', California Political Review, Mar.-Apr. 1996, photocopy, with a colour photograph of the Bronze Award for the documentary, 'Owen Barfield: Man and Meaning'
- Gary Lachman, 'One Man's Century: Visiting Owen Barfield', Gnosis Magazine (1996), 8-9, photocopy
- Elmar Schenkel, 'Das Entleibte Wort', Delta 10, 85-89, photocopy, inscribed to Barfield by the author, n.d.
Language of Materials
Conditions Governing Access
The permission of the depositor is required to access this material. Please send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org, outlining the subject of your research, the importance of this item to that research, and the resources you have already consulted.
Dep. c. 1243