Manila folder entitled, 'Before 1930', containing the following poems:
- 'A.B.', typescript, carbon copy with manuscript correction and carbon copy
- 'The Anger of God', typescript
- 'The Arch Enemy', typescript
- 'Are You There?', typescript
- 'An Autumn Bicycle-Ride', typescript, dated, 'circa 1919'
- 'Awake at Night', manuscript and carbon copy of typescript, annotated, 'Published London Mercury May 1923'
- 'Christian Prayer', typescript
- 'Come Out Of Egypt', signed carbon copy of typescript
- 'Epithalamium', photocopy of manuscript, and an annotated typescript, with the subtitle, 'On the occasion of the marriage of two teachers in a newly-founded school'
- C.S. Lewis, 'In Nuptias Daphnes et Caecilii, Epithalamion', poem in Latin, photocopy of manuscript
- C.S. Lewis, 'Epithalamium', translated from the Latin by Barfield, carbon copy of manuscript
- 'Eve', annotated typescript, XVII is manuscript
- 'The Island', typescript
- 'June', typescript
- 'Lama Sabachthani', typescript, dated, 'About 1922'
- 'May', typescript and carbon copy
- 'Nobody Knows', typescript
- 'Oh heart of man!', manuscript, typescript, and carbon copy of a different typescript
- 'The Old Bottle', carbon copy of typescript with annotations
- 'Possession', two different manuscripts and a typescript
- 'A Prayer', manuscript
- 'Punting at Night', two typescripts, one signed, and one dated, '1919 or 1920'
- 'The Quality of Mercy', annotated typescript, with a fair typescript and a carbon copy
- 'Sleep', manuscript and typescript, dated, 'before 1923'
- 'Spring', annotated typescript
- 'Staithes', typescript
- 'Summer Evenings', annotated typescript
- 'The Thief Speaks From Paradise', corrected typescript and two fair typescripts
- 'Three Children', annotated typescript
- untitled poem, beginning, 'Come home! The sun is off the valley', typescript, 'Brixen. April 1928'
- untitled poem, beginning, 'Dear God, who made the light', manuscript and carbon copy of typescript
- untitled poem, beginning, 'The Germans and the French can shout and snigger', typescript
- untitled poem, beginning, 'Oh dear, I have no time to spend on', manuscript
- untitled poem, beginning, 'Small, calm, stern face!', annotated typescript
- untitled poem, beginning, 'Thou who didst teach this darkened mind', manuscript
folder containing poems transcribed by Maud Barfield, comprising:
- 'Are You There?', carbon copy of typescript and a manuscript copy by Maud
- 'The Coming of Whitsun', manuscript copy by Maud
- 'Devotion', manuscript in Barfield's hand, annotated on the verso by Maud Barfield, 1931, and a transcription by Maud
- 'Nobody Knows', manuscript copy by Maud
- 'Possession', manuscript copy by Maud
- 'Prologue', manuscript in Barfield's hand, annotated by Maud on the verso, 'Owen's Prologue for Roseland'
- 'Spring', manuscript copy by Maud
- 'Three Songs', part one, manuscript
- untitled poem, beginning, 'dear God, who made the light', manuscript copy by Maud
- Creation: 1919-1929
Language of Materials
Conditions Governing Access
The permission of the depositor is required to access this material. Please send a message to email@example.com, outlining the subject of your research, the importance of this item to that research, and the resources you have already consulted.
Dep. c. 1103