Bills and receipts, 1824-1876, n.d.
MS. WHF Talbot 59
Held at the Weston Library
- invoices for books purchased in Munich, 1824-1826
- invoice from La Librarie de Theophile Barrois, 6 Oct 1824
- invoice and receipt from C Schmahalder, 9 Mar 1825-9 Mar 1826
- bill from Couchoix, optician, Paris – 12 Mar 1825
- receipt of payment to John Newman, 10 May 1825
- receipt of payment to John Newman, 14 Jun 1825
- invoice for materials from John Newman, Philosophical Instrument Maker, 22 Jul 1825
- invoice for materials from John Newman, Philosophical Instrument Maker, Dec 1825-Jul 1826
- invoice for materials from John Newman, Philosophical Instrument Maker, Jul-Aug 1826
- invoice for materials from John Newman, Philosophical Instrument Maker, May 1826-Aug 1827
- bill from Mr Parker, No. 19 North Bank, Jul-Oct 1827
- bill from Veitch & White Ironmongers, Jul 1827-Jan 1828
- bill from Veitch & White Ironmongers, Jul 1827
- receipt from Macdonald, Annand & Diack for furniture, 3 Oct 1827
- receipt of payment to John Newman, 26 Feb 1828
- receipt for admission fee and subscription to the Royal Society, 14 Apr 1831
- invoice for materials from John Newman, Philosophical Instrument Maker, Feb 1828-May 1833
- invoice for expenses incurred by [a servant of Talbot?] for a journey from Lacock to London, Feb 1833
- receipt of payment to John Newman, 24 May 1833
- bill from Taylor, optician, for materials including a kaleidoscope, a microscope, two telescope clamps and a Camera Lucida Stand, May-Jun 1833
- receipt from George Fell, Stationer, [1830s]
- receipt from Lincoln & Bennett, hatters, 21 Jun 1842
- receipt from Cooper & Batchelor, linen drapers, 10 Jan 1843
- receipt from John Gale for Talbot's payment of his share in a new gate for Bewley Common, 13 Jan 1843
- Account with Longmans & Co for Hermes and The Pencil of Nature, Jun 1852
- receipt from Murray & Heath, 14 Aug 1858
- receipt from Bernard Quaritch for Murrays Handbook of Spain, 25 Jun 1860
- receipt from Bernard Quaritch for Schaaf Lexicon and Vignoli's Eclipse, 30 Jan 1861
- receipt from Bulter & [McCartwell?], Covent Garden Market, 12 Nov 1861
- receipt from Jones, Yarrell & Clifford, newspaper agents & booksellers, 9 Jan 1864
- bill from Grand Hotel du Parc, 21 Mar 1866
- bill from a French hotel, 27 Mar 1866
- bill from John Millar & Co, potters, Jan-May 1867
- bill from Alexander Robinson, cabinet & picture frame maker, Mar-Oct 1867
- invoice from James & Walker Marshall, goldsmiths, jewellers & watch makers, 12 Apr 1867
- bill from J Sibald & sons, furnishing ironmongers, Apr-Nov 1867
- bill from Robert R. Nelson, bookseller, stationer and printseller, 1 Jul 1867
- bill from John Lough, slater, chimney sweeper and smoke-curer, 3 Jan 1868
- bills for probate of Amélina Petit, 30 Sep, 21 Oct 1876
- receipt for rent of house at Charlotte Square, n.d.
- bill from Hotel de la Cloche, Paris, n.d.
- bill from V Schmitz Hotel, n.d.
- bill from Hotel Meurice, Paris, n.d.
- bill from French hotel, n.d.
- receipt, in French, for clothing, n.d.
- bill from ? Carey for plastering at [Lacock?] Abbey, n.d.
- note of calculations [for a bill?], n.d.
- bill from Cox’s Hotel, London, n.d.
- bill, in Italian, signed by Talbot, n.d.
- list of payments on an account of [a servant?] for groceries, n.d.
- paper wrapper labelled 'Mr Talbot's bills', n.d.
- Creation: 1824-1876, n.d.
Language of Materials
MS. WHF Talbot 59