Album of watercolours and pencil drawings done at Greta Bank, 1853-1854
In a Drawing Book published by Cowan & Co. Probably more than one family member contributed sketches. Comprises:
- pencil drawing titled 'Wallow crag, and Derwentwater from Castlerigg', 1853
- pencil drawing of a row of buildings, 1853
- pencil drawing titled 'Greta Bank bridge and Brigham toll gate', 1853
- watercolour of a plant with berries, 1853, and a pencil drawing titled 'J Menard drawing a view', 1854
- pencil drawing titled 'Greta Bank – from a part of the path leading to the bridge', 1853
- pencil drawing of the architectural detail of a column and arch and a pencil drawing of two sailing boats, n.d.
- pencil drawing of a man seated on a rock, examining the sole of his foot, on a plinth inscribed 'Greta Bank Sept ber 13 1854'. With traces of a larger pencil sketch.
- rough pencil outline of mountains, n.d.
- pencil drawing titled 'Valley of Newlands from Farnside', 1854
- pencil drawing, with washes, titled 'Greta Bank' and inscribed 'C.T.' [Constance Talbot], 13 Aug 1854
- pencil drawing of a castellated tower, with trees, n.d.
- pencil drawing titled 'Derwentwater and the mountains of Borrowdale from Friar’s craig', 1854
- pencil drawing titled 'Stockley Bridge Borrowdale', 1 Sep 1854
- pencil drawing titled 'Greta Bank' and inscribed 'C.H.T.' [Charles Henry Talbot], 1854
- pencil and watercolour drawing, partly finished, of a window, n.d.
- pencil drawing of a village scene, n.d.
- Creation: 1853-1854
Language of Materials
MS. WHF Talbot 100