Album of drawings, 1825-1857
Calling card 'Mrs. Talbot' on front pastedown. It appears possible that some of the drawings, such as Mr Montgomerie’s of Lacock Abbey, 1832, were done with the aid of a camera lucida. It is assumed that those items not labeled as being by other artists were done by Constance Talbot. Comprises:
- pencil drawing titled 'Lacock Abbey' by George Molineux Montgomerie, 1832
- watercolour over pencil drawing titled 'St Mary’s Abbey. York' and inscribed 'Page', n.d.
- pencil, pen and ink drawing with washes titled ' Heidelberg Castle' attributed to Constance Talbot, n.d.
- watercolour drawing titled ' Butomus umbelatus, Flowering Rush, gathered at Lacock' attributed to Constance Talbot, n.d.
- blank album page, with four corner holes from removing a drawing, inscribed in ink 'Harriot Mundy'
- pencil drawing with white chalk highlights titled 'All Saints Church Hastings' by Matilda Talbot, 30 Nov 1857
- pencil and ink drawing titled 'From Guernico' of a bearded man in a cape by Matilda Talbot, n.d. The drawing has been loosely inserted into the album.
- pen and ink drawing with washes titled 'Copied from Guernico' of a group of five musicians, n.d.
- pen and ink over pencil drawing titled 'Copied from Guernico' of a mother and child observed by a man and woman, n.d.
- pencil drawing titled 'Mentone. Etats Sardes in 1825' by Ela Talbot, 8 Oct 1849
- Creation: 1825-1857
Language of Materials
MS. WHF Talbot 97