Album of pencil drawings, 1825-1836
MS. WHF Talbot 91
Held at the Weston Library
- pencil profiles of a man and a child facing left. Near the boy, inscribed in pencil 'hauteur de du cal De Villapenia le 19 Mars 1836 – Samedi' and near the boy 'Henry [possibly William Henry Fox Talbot?] le 4 June 1828 Paris.' A botanical specimen labelled in ink 'Anemone rosanaria eneillie sur le hauteur de du cal di Villapenia prés Nice le Mars 1836 samedi' is also attached to the page.
- pencil sketch of stone wall with fountain by George Molineux Montgomerie, n.d.
- pencil drawing titled 'Near Roma' by George Molineux Montgomerie, n.d.
- pencil drawing titled 'Environs da Roma' by George Molineux Montgomerie, 1 Feb 1828
- pencil drawing titled 'Nesso. Lago di Como', 1828
- pencil drawing titled 'Castellamare', 1828
- pencil drawing of a girl with two horses over a faint profile of a woman, n.d.
- pencil drawing of a fishermen by a river, [near Rome?], by George Molineux Montgomerie, 1828
- pencil drawing of cliffs and lake by George Molinuex Montgomerie, 1828
- pencil drawing of Hopwood House, 29 Aug 1828
- pen and ink drawing of a child rubbing eyes, after Guernico, 9 Jul 1828
- pencil drawing of titled 'Lacock Abbey, east view', 1829
- pencil drawing titled 'Donné á Amélina, Bowness Windermere', Aug 1829
- pencil drawing titled 'Caroline fecit at B[aro]ness Windermere', n.d.
- pencil drawing of a dog titled 'Morfina', 1829
- pencil drawing of costumed man, n.d.
- pencil drawing titled 'Via' of a chapel and bridge in the mountains', n.d.
- pencil drawing titled 'Ponte Castello a Verona', n.d.
- pencil drawing titled 'Feluaca' and 'Bombard' of boats, one anchored, one sailing away, by Christopher Rice Mansel Talbot, 6 Jul 1828. A note on the verso, by Charles Townley, 'sketch made from recollection of the Town and Fort of Guetaria on the North Coast of Spain', Hopwood, 28 Apr 1838. The note relates to the next drawing in the album on the page opposite.
- pencil drawing of the town and fort of Guetaria by Charles Townley, 28 Apr 1838
- pencil drawing of a woman and child under a palm tree, inscribed in pencil with an undeciphered monogram, n.d.
- pencil drawing titled 'New church at Buxton', n.d.
- faint pencil figure study, n.d.
- pencil architectural sketch, n.d.
- Creation: 1825-1836
Language of Materials
MS. WHF Talbot 91