Talking Pictures, Apr 2009-2014
Talking Pictures are born-digital films made by Meadows about the photographs he took in the 1970s and incorporate contemporaneous audio recordings in the soundtrack. The audio recordings are nearly always in the first person of subject of the photograph(s), alongside digitised versions of the original photographs.
The series comprises completed Talking Picture video files made by Meadows, as well as main components used and created for the purpose of constructing the talking pictures, such as:
- Digitised and edited audio files for the voiceover component of the talking pictures
- Digital scans of photographs taken throughout Meadows' career (mostly 1970s), relating to the subject and voice of the talking picture
- Other digital files such as born-digital screen clippings and contextual text documents
- Early or previous versions of script documents for talking pictures.
- Creation: Apr 2009-2014
Language of Materials
Full range of shelfmarks:
MSS. Meadows digital 132-145
- From the Collection: Meadows | Daniel | b. 1952 | photographer, social documentarist (Person)