Television work, 1973-Dec 2020, n.d.
After some freelance work for them in 1975, Meadows was formally employed by Granada Television in November 1978 as a local programmes researcher and an occasional presenter, during which he still undertook photographic projects. In 1981, whilst lecturing in photography at Humberside college, he also worked for Associated Television (ATV) working on picture stories and a Sunday morning show, Getting On. As an extension of this, Meadows contributed 'Paid to Care', a set of pictures showing Spennymoor and district, Co. Durham, from the point of view of its social workers to the 'And the North' group exhibition at Brewery Arts Centre, Kendal, commissioned by Northern Arts, 1983.
- Prints and text for television work
- Outlines of ideas for broadcasts, with typescript and prints
- Comission papers
- Research notes and press cuttings
- Exhibition design notes for 'And the North'
- Digitised photographs, audio and video recordings relating to Meadows' projects with Granada television, including his screen tests and scans of Factory Night photographs.
- Creation: 1973-Dec 2020, n.d.
Language of Materials
Full range of shelfmarks:
MSS. Meadows 196-200; MSS. Meadows digital 73-81
- From the Collection: Meadows | Daniel | b. 1952 | photographer, social documentarist (Person)