Personal documents and other papers relating to the life of Rudolf Weber, 1861-1925
Personal documents, letters, memorabilia and other papers relating to the life of Rudolf Weber, including:
- Folder 1: Personal documents, including birth certificate, 1861; correspondence and certificates relating to the engagement and marriage with Hedwig Fink, 1901 (certificates in Portuguese with German translation); death certificate, death notice and letters of condolence, 1925. Also includes announcements of the births of Gisela Weber, 1902, Heinrich Weber, 1905 and Hildburg Weber, 1910.
- Folder 2: Passports, 1882-1916.
- Folder 3: Original folder 'Militärische Dienstverhältnisse' containing papers relating to Rudolf Weber's military career, 1885-1888, and to his service in World War I, including Rudolf Weber's last will dated 5 May 1917, letter regarding the award of a medal (Eisernes Kreuz II. Klasse), accounts for soldiers' accommodation in Biermes dated 6 Oct 1918, manuscript [of speech?] 'To everyone' ('An alle') dated 13 Nov 1918 regarding demobilization and a report on disbanding the local headquarters in Biermes (Ortskommandantur 508) dated 11 Dec 1918.
- Folder 4: Papers relating to 'Verein der Offiziere des ehemaligen Königlich Preußischen Grenadierregiments Prinz Karl von Preußen' (regimental association) including statutes, newsletters and invitations, 1913-1925.
- Folder 5: Finance and tax, including income tax declarations, 1914-1916, and bank statements, 1896-1897 and 1908.
- Folder 6: Miscellaneous papers, mostly relating to Rudolf Weber's career as a consul and consul general including CVs, business cards, membership cards, menus of official dinners, press cuttings and documents regarding compensation claims for material losses in World War I (Reichsentschädigungsamt).
- Folder 7: Miscellaneous letters and cards received from family, friends and colleagues, 1893 -1924, collected personal announcements (death notices, etc.).
- Folder 8: Handwritten book 'Begonnen den 1 December 1876 RB' given to Rudolf Weber by his uncle Rudolph Busse.
- Creation: 1861-1925
1 box (8 folders)
Language of Materials
MS. Braun 4