Woodbrooke and Old Jordans, 1938-1976
Papers relating to the Braun's involvement with the Quakers, to Woodbrooke College and Jordans, Buckinghamshire, including:
- Folder 1: Letters relating to the Brauns' Quaker membership concerning admission to Warwickshire Monthly Meeting, 1941, and Konrad Braun's appointment as Elder, 1957.
- Folder 2: Notes and correspondence relating to the Brauns' employment at Woodbrooke (salary, insurances, superannuation scheme etc.), 1941-1961, and retirement, 1961. Also includes first invitation to Woodbrooke, 1938, and a list of loans and gifts regarding the furnishing of Holland House, c.1941.
- Folder 3: Correspondence and articles by and about Margaret Worsdell and her memoirs. Includes copies of The Woodbrooke International Journal (No. 85 Jun 1963, No. 100 Dec 1970, No. 107 Jun 1974) and a bound copy of the memoirs with an introduction by Hildburg Braun, 1976.
- Folder 4: Old Woodbrookers Reunions, c. 1958-1975: lists of attendants, programmes, brochures and correspondence.
- Folder 5: Woodbrooke and Jordans memorabilia such as course attendants lists, 1958-1961; Woodbrooke prospectus, n.d.; staff list, 1963-1964; verse; script of Jordans Christmas play, 'A Modern Mummers Play', n.d.
- Folder 6: Copies of The Friend containing articles about Old Jordans, Beaconsfield, 1972-1973.
- Folder 7: Notes and correspondence relating to Old Jordans Hostel Appeal, 1965.
- Creation: 1938-1976
1 box (7 folders)
Language of Materials
MS. Braun 61