Family verse and writings II, 1899-2011, n.d.
MS. Braun 169
Held in our offsite storage facility
- Folder 1: ''V6 - Verses by Hildburg Braun', verses and other informal writings by Hildburg Braun, c. 1968-2004. Originals extracted from family papers and correspondence or photocopies, some with transcripts.
- Folder 2: 'V7 - Verses by Christopher and Anne-Marie Braun', verses and other informal writings by Christopher Braun and family, c. 1984-2011, with many drafts and notes; 'V7a - Other writings by Christopher', including handwritten sheet music for spoof pop song Close and warm, lyrics by Christopher Braun, music by John Aveyard, c. 1963, and typescript copy of an entry for the 1974 Haldane Essay Competition Kilbrandon: Is devolution really the answer?.
- Folder 3: 'V9 - Copies of poems', German poems written out by Konrad Braun, Anneliese Braun and Thomas Braun, bundle of Christmas poems cf. Auswahl Deutscher Gedichte vorgelesen von Konrad Braun. [See also cassette recordings in MS. Braun 165, AV 3 and 4.]
- Folder 4: 'V 12 - Verses by other family members', 1906-1997; 'V 13 - Verses by Brauns - mostly Konrad - addressed to Gerhard or the Pummels', 1926-1981 and n.d.; 'V 14 - Verses by Gerhard Frentzel, 1920-1958.
- Folder 5: 'A century of occasional verse 1899-1999 by and for the Braun family and their relatives', collection of family writings compiled by Thomas Braun (bound photocopies).
- Folder 6: 'Bonmots und Anekdoten', witticisms and family anecdotes collected by Thomas Braun.
- Folder 7: Family paper games, c. 1950s-1970s.
- Folder 8: Thomas Braun's verses for family and friends, 1955-1995 and n.d.
- Creation: 1899-2011, n.d.
1 box (8 folders)
Language of Materials
MS. Braun 169