Correspondence regarding memories of the Omega Workshops, bulk: Bulk, 1945-1978, 1911, 1945-1978
- Folder 1: Correspondence regarding Winifred Gill's recollections of the Omega Workshops, including correspondence with [Nikolaus] Pevsner, Joy Brown, [Anthony] d'Offay, Diana Holman-Hunt, Clifford Simmons (National Book League), William Plomer and Victor Cassidy, copy of poem Remembering Ottoline, and drafts of letters to Duncan Grant on subjects including Eva Gore Booth, W.B. Yeats, Wyndham Lewis, Nina Hamnett and puppets. Also includes papers regarding the death of Joan Mary Fry. Dated 1941-1972
- Folder 2: Correspondence regarding questions about the Omega Workshops, including with Adrian Beach, Stephen Chaplin, Jean Hamilton, B.W. Rozran, Lucien Myers, Janet Leepen, Sheelah [Hynes], Joy Brown, Marcia Allentuck, Anthony d'Offay, William Wees, Liz Smith (fashion editor of The Observer), David Brown (Assistant Keeper, Modern Collection, Tate Gallery), Charles Handley-Read, Isabelle Anscombe and Sarah-Jane Oppenheim. Also includes a photocopy of a design for a folding screen, 1945-1978.
- Folder 3: Letters to Winifred Gill from Agnes Fry and Hugh Hynes, 1957-1968. Also includes Stars and Constellations: A Little Guide to the Sky by Agnes Fry, typescript of poem On Green Things in General and Green Dust in Particular, probably by Agnes Fry, and papers relating to Agnes Fry's death.
- Folder 4: Correspondence with Quentin Bell and Nina Hamnett on Winifred Gill's memories of the Omega Workshops, 1951-1969. Also includes a photograph of Winifred Gill and Nina Hamnett, pen drawings by Nina Hamnett, and an extract from a letter from Winifred Gill to Duncan Grant regarding Nina Hamnett.
- Folder 5: Letters from, and drafts of letters to Duncan Grant, 1959-1978. Also includes correspondence with Sheelagh Hynes, Carol Hogben, Anthony d'Offay, Diana Holman-Hunt and Sarah Fox-Pitt (Tate Archives) relating to Winifred Gill's correspondence with Duncan Grant, and Duncan Grant exhibition material.
- Creation: Creation: Majority of material found within Bulk, 1945-1978
- Creation: Creation: 1911, 1945-1978
1 box (5 folders)
Language of Materials
Conditions Governing Access
Some material is closed.
Existence and Location of Copies
Photocopies of letters to Nikolaus Pevsner and microfiche copies of correspondence with Duncan Grant are available at the Tate Archive