Artwork and correspondence from the Omega Workshops and from the Fry family, bulk: Bulk, 1909-1980, 1909-1980, 1995, 2008
- Folder 1: Artworks and writings from the Omega Workshops period, including a bookplate for [Florence] Melian Stawell, sketch of a girl on a chair, sketch of dancers, and a story about animals written to promote toys made at the Omega Workshops, c. 1912-c. 1917. Also includes accompanying notes by Chrystine Bennett, 2008.
- Folder 2: Correspondence from the Omega Workshops period, including letters from [Florence] Melian Stawell, E.M. Forster, Rose Sidgwick, Vanessa Bell with pen sketches of clothes, Charles Aitken (Omega Workshops' secretary), Eric Gill, and Roger Fry, 1911-1925. Also includes catalogues for exhibitions of Roger Fry's artwork at Bristol Museum and Art Gallery 1935 and at the Arts Council Gallery 1966, and an example of Omega Workshops' headed paper with copies of letters written to the Home Office 1916-1917.
- Folder 3: Photocopies of letters from Roger Fry (including a letter to Winifred Gill's father regarding Winifred's future), E.M. Forster, Vanessa Bell and [Florence] Melian Stawell, 1909-1928. Also includes and covering letter to Margaret Bennett from Matthew Agate (1980) and copies of articles on the Omega Workshops (c. 1941).
- Folder 4: Fry family correspondence, including letters from Joan Mary Fry, Pamela Diamand and Madeline Savary (Fry family governess), 1910-c. 1974. Also includes memorial service sheets for Roger Fry, a photograph annotated by Roger Fry and an exhibition leaflet dated 1995.
- Creation: Creation: Majority of material found within Bulk, 1909-1980
- Creation: Creation: 1909-1980, 1995, 2008
1 box (4 folders)
Language of Materials
Existence and Location of Originals
Originals of some of the photocopied letters in folder 3 can be found in folder 2 of this shelfmark. Others are held at the National Art Library.