Correspondence T-Z including Thomas, Trevor-Roper, Watson, Wescott, Wheeler, Yates, Zimmer, 1938-2000
MS. Wind 54
Held in our offsite storage facility
Correspondence, press cuttings, notes and memorabilia with, by, or relating to:
- Folder 1: T-V - Alan Fenn Taylor, one letter only, 1958; Valerie and Keith Thomas, 2000; Virgil Thompson, one invitation, 1977, articles and press cuttings; The Times Literary Supplement, 1956-1971; Lionel and Diana Trilling, 1977 and n.d., press cuttings; Vincent Turner, one letter only, 1965; Ron Truman, one letter only, 2000; Alan Valentine, one letter only, n.d.; Kirk Varnedoe, 1992 and n.d., also a letter by Elyn Zimmerman, notes, press cuttings; Peter Viereck 1947-1948, with poems, also reviews and notes. [III, 10, i; WIND 58]
- Folder 2: Ben Thomas, 1996-2000, including typescripts of articles by Ben Thomas, CV and references. (=Res.) [III, 10, ii; WIND 58]
- Folder 3: Hugh Trevor-Roper, 1965-1966. [III, 10, iia: WIND 58]
- Folder 4: W - Marek Wacławek, 1992-1993; Bettina Wagner, offprint of article 'Bodleian Incunables from Bavarian Monasteries', c. 1996; John Wall, 1977-1998; Gordon and Ruth Washburn, 1942-1962; Martin Weinberger, one letter only, 1945; Egon and Emmy Wellesz, 1965 and n.d.; Catherine Whistler, cards only, n.d.; Jon and Linda Whiteley, card, n.d., and newspaper cutting, 2000; Lucy Whittaker, cards only, 1993 and 1997; Joachim Wilke, 1988-1990, see also Bibliography (18); Nigel and Hanneke Wilson, cards only, 1988-1999; Kurt Wolf, 1942-1948, also includes press cuttings and articles; Francis Wormald, one card only, 1939. [III, 10, iii; WIND 58]
- Folder 5: George Watson, 1967-1972, see also Warburg Papers (I, 3, vi), Reynolds, Hume; Glenway Wescott, 1942-1954 and n.d., also includes an essay by Glenway Wescott 'The Valley Submerged', 1965, press cuttings, and correspondence Margaret Wind with Hugh Ford about Glenway Wescott, 1990; Monroe Wheeler, 1944-1962, press cuttings and articles. [III, 10, iv-vi; WIND 58]
- Folder 6: Frances Yates, 1938-1939 (photocopies, originals at the Warburg Institute Archive); transcript of Frances Yates's memoirs, pages 54-66 (photocopies, original at the Warburg Institute Archive); one letter Frances Yates to Margaret Wind, 1980; correspondence between Margaret Wind and Joseph Burney Trapp about the Wind - Yates correspondence at the Warburg Institute Archive, 1983; miscellaneous notes, articles and correspondence relating to Frances Yates, including a brochure 'Frances Yates 1899-1981' published by the Warburg Institute, and a brochure 'Encaenia Addresses' 1970. [III, 10, vii; WIND 58]
- Folder 7: Heinrich Zimmer, 1942 and n.d., also includes a typescript 'Mudras - Gestures of Fingers and Hands', n.d., and a letter by Christiane Zimmer, n.d. [III, 10, viii; WIND 58]
1 box (7 folders)
Language of Materials
Conditions Governing Access
Some correspondence files are closed. These are marked as (=Res.).
Conditions Governing Use
Photocopies of the Yates - Wind correspondence, 1938-1939, and transcripts of Frances Yates' memoirs in Folder 6 must not be reproduced by photography, photocopying, scanning or any other means without the permission of the Warburg Institute Archive.
MS. Wind 54
Existence and Location of Originals
Originals of the Yates - Wind correspondence, 1983-1939, and the transcripts from Frances Yates' memoirs in Folder 6 are at the Warburg Institute Archive, Frances Yates Papers.