Files of general working correspondence and papers, 1936-2013
Held in our offsite storage facility
Comprises files (with a covering list made by/on behalf of Sir Roger Bannister, note that file 4 on Bannister's list 'Pembroke white box, which contains honorary degrees' was not included with the other material in this box and that Bannister's CVs have been added to this box and are not included on Bannister's own list):
- Numbered file (1-49) of 'CV items' with a covering list made by/on behalf of Roger Bannister. Miscellaneous correspondence and papers about Bannister's work and education, including material related to awards, appointments, committee memberships, references and speaking events, from his 1945 acceptance (deferred) from Cambridge University to the installation of the four minute mile blue plaque at the Iffley Road stadium in 2010 (includes some copies of original documents from the 1950s), 1945-2010 [=Some material is closed]
- Sir Roger Bannister's curriculum vitae, 1956, 1962-1963, 1980, 1984, 1991, 2005, 2013, n.d.
- File related to Bannister's time in Oxford, pre-qualification, and election to the Harmsworth Senior Scholarship, 1947-1962
- File of correspondence relating to the St Mary's Hospital Medical School, House Physician posts at St Mary's (London), Oxford, Hammersmith and Brompton Hospital, 1948-1963, n.d.
- 'Career documents, consultancies', including degree certificates and school reports, 1936-2009
- St Mary's Hospital obituaries and resignations clippings, 1980-1987, n.d
- Career correspondence while at Harvard, 1960-1963 [=Some material is closed]
1 box (4 folders)
Language of Materials
Conditions Governing Access
Some material is closed.