Papers of the Tomkins family of Abingdon, Berkshire (now Oxfordshire): Volume containing summaries of the provisions in wills, 1731, 1734, 1737-1739
Volume containing summaries of the provisions in the wills of:
- (fols. 1-12) Benjamin Tomkins [junior], 1731 and 1734.
- (fols. 12v-15) His wife Elizabeth (née Cowslade), 1739.
- (fols. 15v-17) Accounts of money given to Benjamin and his four brothers, John, William, Harding and Joseph, by their father Benjamin.
- (fols. 81-77v rev) Accounts of money paid to Martha, Elizabeth, Sarah and Benjamin Tomkins, children of Benjamin [junior], 1737-1739.
- Creation: 1731, 1734, 1737-1739
Language of Materials
MS. Top. Berks. e. 26
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Bought, Sotheby’s, 23 Mar, 1981, lot 28.
Green vellum binding with clasps