Collection of English and Latin religious institution related pieces, Written in about 1710-1750
1 Fol. 1. Collections for the cathedral and diocese of St. Asaph, largely consisting of letters and reports, there are:
- Letters from John Wynne, bp. of St. Asaph, 2 Dec. 1718 (fol. 1)
- Some letters from Jonah Babington, 1718 (fol. 10)
- Several letters from Will. Fleetwood, bp. of Ely, 1718-19 (fol. 57)
- Several letters from W. Wotton, 1718 (fol. 83)
- Drawings of St. Asaph cathedral (fol. 89)
- One letter from archbp. W. Wake, 31 Aug. 1721 (fol. 148a)
- Two letters from dr. Rich. Rawlinson, 1718-18/9 (fol. 151)
- Several letters from W. Ffoulkes, 1719 (fol. 163)
- Plans of Wrexham church (fol. 201b)
- Plans of Gressford church (fol. 202b)
- Plans of Mold church (fol. 204)
2. Fol. 211. 'A description of the cathedral church of Llandaff, M.DCC.XVII', by William Wotton: followed by scattered Llandaff papers.
3. Fol. 235. Welsh Church notes.
4. Fol. 309. Lists of Welsh sheriffs, 1538-1749.
- Creation: Written in about 1710-1750
Language of Materials
MS. Willis 42
Other Finding Aids
Falconer Madan, et al., A summary catalogue of western manuscripts in the Bodleian Library at Oxford which have not hitherto been catalogued in the Quarto series (7 vols. in 8 [vol. II in 2 parts], Oxford, 1895-1953; reprinted, with corrections in vols. I and VII, Munich, 1980), vol. III, no. 16335
Mark by which the Collection was referred to until about A.D. 1870: fol. 42
13 1/2 × 8 3/4 in.