Buckinghamshire records, Written in the first half of the 18th century
Buckinghamshire records, copied for Browne Willis:
- Fol. 1. Copies of documents connected with Chetwode priory, with a plan of it in qu. Elizabeth's time, chiefly from MSS. 'in the hand of mr. Lawley.'
- Fol. 15. Extracts from the cartulary of Luffield priory in the possession of the dean and chapter of Westminster
- Fol. 107. Copies of deeds about the manor of Thornton 'in the hands of sir Thomas Tyrrell.'
- Fol. 123. Copy of a Chancery bill A.D. 1668, and of an Inquisitio post mortem 30 Mar. 1627, affecting the manor of Thornborough and the Throckmorton family
- Fol. 139. Notes of Buckinghamshire inquisitions
- Creation: Written in the first half of the 18th century
Language of Materials
MS. Willis 7
Other Finding Aids
Falconer Madan, et al., A summary catalogue of western manuscripts in the Bodleian Library at Oxford which have not hitherto been catalogued in the Quarto series (7 vols. in 8 [vol. II in 2 parts], Oxford, 1895-1953; reprinted, with corrections in vols. I and VII, Munich, 1980), vol. III, no. 16300
Mark by which the Collection was referred to until about A.D. 1870: fol. 7
13 1/2 x 8 3/4 in.