Printed matter relating to the Gold Coast and Sierra Leone, 1931-1956
- Item 1: "History of Legislation in connection with Native Jurisdiction in the Gold Coast" by W.J.A. Jones, Secretary for Native Affairs, 1931.
- Item 2: Political Officers distribution list, 1932.
- Item 3: Address by the Governor, Sir T.S.W. Thomas, at the opening of the 1933-1934 Session of the Legislative Council, 22 Mar 1933.
- Item 4: Report of Commission of Inquiry (C.R. Havers, K.C.) into expenses incurred by litigants, 1945. Enclosed are some typed notes on the Havers Report.
- Item 5: Revised conditions of service for the Gold Coast Civil Service, 1947.
- Item 6: "African Customary Law Courts": an address by Mr Charles Mathews to the Colonial Service Summer School, 1947.
- Item 7: "A digest of current affairs and literature on African Local Government", No. 1, prepared by the African Studies Branch of the Colonial Office, 1947.
- Items 8 & 9: "A digest of African Local Administration", Nos. 3 & 4, 1948.
- Item 10: "Methods and forms of investigating and recording of Native Customary Law" by Dr L. Adam, African Institute, Leiden, 1948.
- Items 11 & 12: "Colonial Office Land Tenure Advisory Panel: Land Registration", parts I & II, by Dowson and Sheppard, 1948.
- Item 13: Annual Report of the Sierra Leone Protectorate for the year 1947, 1949.
- Item 14: Sierra Leone Protectorate Handbook, 1949.
- Item 15: Native Authority Finance: Accounting instructions, 1949.
- Item 16: "Revenue and Expenditure of Native Authorities in the Colony, Ashanti and the Northern Territories for the year ending 31 March 1948", 1949.
- Item 17: "Report of the Select Committee of the Legislative Council...Local Government in Ashanti", 1951.
- Item 18: "Report by the Select Committee on Local Government (Colony) 1950", 1951.
- Item 19: The Development Plan, 1951.
- Item 20: Report on Development of the River Volta Basin, 15 Aug 1951.
- Item 21: Report upon the Gold Coast Police in Nov 1951, 1952.
- Item 22: Report of the Select Committee on the Lidbury Report, 1952.
- Item 23: Folder containing eight items concerning constitutional proposals for the Gold Coast, 1953-1956.
- Item 24: Report on Land Tenure in Customary Law of the Non-Akan Areas of the Gold Coast Colony, Part II, by R.J.H. Pogucki, Mar 1954.
- Item 25: The Governor's Annual Pantomime: "The downfall of Zachariah Fee", a musical play in two acts by Sir Arnold Hodson, K.C.M.G., n.d.
Language of Materials
MSS. Afr. s. 1111, box 4