M: Miscellaneous, 1923-1941
- Fols. 1-7: Correspondence with John Maund about his short report on his tour of Africa, with detailed comments by Lugard, 1934.
- Fol. 8: Letter from A. Malvezzide Medici about the use of The Dual Mandate as a school text-book in Florence, 1923.
- Fols. 9-16: Correspondence with Charles Kenneth Meek about his work, the Oxford University Press African Welfare series and the first use of the name 'Nigeria', 1940-1941.
- Fols. 17-38: Correspondence with Frank Melland about witchcraft cases in Africa, 1932.
- Fols. 39-43: Correspondence with General F.T. Moberly about his draft history of the Cameroons, 1930.
- Fols. 44-51: Correspondence with Gilbert Murray, Hanns Vischer and Dorothy Brackett about preparing a text-book in Swahili on the Mandate system for use in African schools, 1934.
Language of Materials
MSS. Lugard 12/4