J: Jewish matters, 1935-1943
- Fol. 1: Former file label, n.d.
- Fols. 2-7: Correspondence with S.M. Salamon, chairman of the Jewish Post, about Lugard possibly joining its board, 1935.
- Fols. 8-30: Correspondence with Chaim Weizmann and others about Lugard's article for Foreign Affairs, with a typescript copy, and about the Jewish settlement issue, 1941.
- Fols. 31-38: Correspondence with the secretary of the National Committee for Rescue from Nazi Terror about an appeal to Anthony Eden to raise the issue of the Jews at Anglo-American talks, 1943.
- Fols. 39-42: Appeal for help against anti-semitism in England from the Archbishop of Canterbury as chairman of the Council of Christians and Jews, with related papers, 1943.
- Item 1: Let my People Go: addendum to the sixth edition, 14 March 1943, by Victor Gollancz.
- Item 2: "Nazi Massacres of the Jews and Others: some practical proposals for immediate rescue made by the Archbishop of Canterbury and Lord Rochester in speeches on March 23rd 1943 in the House of Lords", 1943.
- Fols. 43-59: Correspondence with Sir Wyndham Deedes about the British Association for the Jewish National Home in Palestine, 1943.
Language of Materials
MSS. Lugard 11/7