- Fols. 1-5: Translation of an address by the Emir of Nupe before the conquest of Kano and Sokoto, 1903.
- Fols. 6-12: Translations of letters to Lugard and Hillary from Serikin Gwari Abu Bakr, Serikin Muslimin, Serikin Kano Abas and the Sultan of Sokoto, with some of the originals, c.1904-1905.
- Fols. 13-54: Translation of an old Arabic manuscript received in Kano from Mallam Shaiba na sant Turaki, who said that he had received it from his grandfather who obtained it when the City was captured by the Fulahs around the beginning of the present [20th] century, n.d.
- Fols. 55-58: List of the Kings of Kano: information supplied by Armadu Jackadu to Major Alder Burdon, n.d.
- Fol. 59: Certified copy of a court case heard in the Council of Owerri where the defendant was charged with sneezing, 1914.
- Fols. 60-62: Appeal to Lugard from the Chiefs of Ijebu-Ode about the deposition of the Awujale Ademolu, 1916.
Language of Materials
MSS. Lugard 53/4