MSS. Lugard 79
- File 1, fols. 1-50: Correspondence with J.F.N. Green, Sir Samuel Wilson, W.C. Bottomley, Charles Ponsonby, [R. Colby], H. MacMichael and Evan Biss about Tanganyika, the Permanent Mandates Commission and Closer Union, 1925-1935.
- File 2, fols. 1-29: Correspondence between Lugard, Sir Donald Cameron, Sir Robert Hamilton, Charles Roden Buxton and Margery Perham about Cameron's policy in Tanganyika and his frustrations in Nigeria, 1926-1932.
- File 3, fols. 1-36: Memoranda by Cameron, F.J. Bagshawe and an Assistant Provincial Commissioner about the Masai, labour, the railway scheme proposed by Grigg and the land problem, 1923-1932.
- File 4, items 1-6: Material on Tanganyika and the Mandate, consisting of official decrees and despatches, the League of Nations' British Mandate for East Africa with reports to the League, the Legislative Council's instructions of 1926 regarding labour, the report on the 1928 Parliamentary visit to Tanganyika, and excerpts from Hansard, The Times and other newspapers and journals, 1920-1936.
- File 5, item 1: Note on "Native Administration" by Philip Mitchell, printed by the Tanganyika Government, 1927. File 5, item 2: Mandates (with particular reference to Tanganyika) issued by the Joint East Africa Board, 1936.
- File 6, fol. 1 and item 1: "Technical Conferences of the East African Dependencies": report by a conference of educationists held at Dar es Salaam, with notes by Lugard, 1929.
Language of Materials
MSS. Lugard 79