Reasons against punishing crimes with death, Date not recorded at time of cataloguing
At the end are these words by archbp. Sancroft, "This I collected and thus digested out of a very confus’d brouillon which I found among my predecessor’s papers endorst with his own hand; but the paper itself was of Mr. Chillingworth’s handwriting (as archbp. Dolben assures me) and appears by other writings with his name subscrib’d which I have."
- Creation: Date not recorded at time of cataloguing
Language of Materials
MS. Tanner 233, fol. 134
- It is printed in the Oxford edition of Chillingworth's works, vol. iii. p. 435.
- From the Collection: Sancroft | William | 1617-1693 | Archbishop of Canterbury (Person)
- From the Collection: Tanner | Thomas | 1674-1735 | Bishop of St Asaph and antiquary (Person)
- From the Collection: Allin | Sir | Thomas | 1612-1685 | Knight | Admiral (Person)
- From the Collection: Lenthall | Sir | William | 1591-1662 | Knight | Speaker of the House of Commons, Master of the Rolls (Person)