On Mary, Queen of Scots, and cardinal John Fisher, bulk: 16th-17th century
- Creation: Majority of material found within 16th-17th century
Language of Materials
MS. Tanner 108
Other Finding Aids
Alfred Hackman, Catalogi codicum manuscriptorum Bibliothecae Bodleianae pars quarta codices viri admodum reverendi Thomae Tanneri, STP, episcopi Asaphensis, complectens (Oxford, 1860; reprinted with corrections, 1966), no. 108.
Falconer Madan, et al., A summary catalogue of western manuscripts in the Bodleian Library at Oxford which have not hitherto been catalogued in the Quarto series (7 vols. in 8 [vol. II in 2 parts], Oxford, 1895-1953; reprinted, with corrections in vols. I and VII, Munich, 1980), vol. III, no. 9934.
MSS. Tanner 84-85 and 108 and MS. Rawl. A. 100 belonged to Sir Robert Oxenbridge, MP (d. 1638).
Immediate Source of Acquisition
MSS. Tanner 84-85 and 108 were bought from John Jackson of Tottenham Court Cross.
On paper, in folio
- From the Collection: Sancroft | William | 1617-1693 | Archbishop of Canterbury (Person)
- From the Collection: Tanner | Thomas | 1674-1735 | Bishop of St Asaph and antiquary (Person)
- From the Collection: Allin | Sir | Thomas | 1612-1685 | Knight | Admiral (Person)
- From the Collection: Lenthall | Sir | William | 1591-1662 | Knight | Speaker of the House of Commons, Master of the Rolls (Person)