Adversaria of Dr. David Wilkins, volume 1, [17th-18th cent.]
- (fol. 1) List of contents of his 'Historia ecclesiæ Alexandrinæ'
- (fol. 9) Papers about British authors, partly in Bishop Tanner's hand, in Latin
- (fol. 55) Part of an original appeal for aid to Queen Anne from Nectarius Archbishop of Macedonia
- (fol. 56) Mrs. M. Fairfax's account of Dr. Wilkins's expenses, 1722-23
- (fol. 60) The original parchment deed appointing him and William Beauvoir joint commissaries of the archiepiscopal deanery of Booking, Nov. 25, 1719
And other lists and papers, chiefly theological.
- Creation: [17th-18th cent.]
Language of Materials
MS. Add. A. 179
Other Finding Aids
Falconer Madan, et al., A summary catalogue of western manuscripts in the Bodleian Library at Oxford which have not hitherto been catalogued in the Quarto series (7 vols. in 8 [vol. II in 2 parts], Oxford, 1895-1953; reprinted, with corrections in vols. I and VII, Munich, 1980), vol. V, no. 28413
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Acquired by The Bodleian Library in 1836.
- From the Collection: Wilkins | David | 1685-1745 | Archdeacon of Suffolk, Classical Scholar, and Antiquary (Person)