Autograph Letters of English women of eminence of the 18th and 19th centuries, written in 1718-1824, etc.
Autograph Letters of English women of eminence of the 18th and 19th centuries: chiefly collected by Walter Wilson, arranged generally in alphabetical order, with some engraved portraits. The chief items are:
- Victoria, Queen, a signature, undated (fol. 4).
- Austin, Sarah, undated (fol. 8).
- Earbauld, Anna Letitia, undated (fol. 9).
- At fol. 8 is a letter of John Britton, Dec. 19, 1854.
- Byron, lady, i.e. Anne Isabella Noel Ryron, née Milbanke, two, June 5, 1824, etc. (fols. 17, 19). At fol. 20 is a letter from Augusta Ada Byron, the poet's daughter, undated.
- Edgeworth, Maria, Oct. 1823 (fol. 69v).
- Hemans, Felicia Dorothea, Oct. 9, 1821 (fol. 84).
- Jameson, Anna Brownell, undated (fol. 94).
- Marlborough, duchess of, i.e. Sarah, née Jennings, June 26, 1718 (fol. 108).
- Martineau, Harriet, part of letter, undated (fol. 109).
- More, Hannah, eleven, 1779-1818 (fols. 118, 122).
- Norton, hon. Caroline Elizabeth Sarah, undated (fol. 139).
- Opie, Amelia, two, 1828, etc., with a poem (fol. 144).
- Piozzi, Hester Lynch, July 18, 1785 (fol. 151).
- Seward, Anna, undated (fol. 157).
- Southcott, Joanna, signature (fol. 160).
- Siddons, mrs. Sarah, undated (fol. 161).
- Trimmer, mrs. Sarah, two, 1787, etc. (fol. 168).
- Creation: written in 1718-1824, etc.
Language of Materials
MS. Montagu d. 19
Other Finding Aids
Falconer Madan, et al., A summary catalogue of western manuscripts in the Bodleian Library at Oxford which have not hitherto been catalogued in the Quarto series (7 vols. in 8 [vol. II in 2 parts], Oxford, 1895-1953; reprinted, with corrections in vols. I and VII, Munich, 1980), vol. V, no. 25437.
11 1/8 × 9 3/8 in.