Codex of religious manuscripts, made up of three MSS. written in the 13th and and 14 century in England
MS. Bodl. 641
Held at the Weston Library
Codex of religious manuscripts:
- (fol. 1) Part of a sermon de Virginitate, on Matth. xiii. 45: beg. 'Simile est regnum celi ... Per margaritam significatur castitas': ends (imperfect) 'aduersus carnem colluctacio & uincendi corporis', with catchwords 'ac domandi' (late 13th century).
- (fol. 13) The latter part of Eadmer's De similitudinibus s. Anselmi Cantuar. episcopi: beg. 'bili. Non enim custodiendo' in chap. 156 (here numbered 159): ends in chap. 192 (191) 'ne nobis noceant in quantum volunt. Explicit liber beati Ancelmi de Similitudinibus.' (13th century; in two columns, with illuminated capitals, etc.)
- (fol. 24). 'Omelie sancti Cesarii episcopi Arelatensis'; fifteen in number (13th century; in two columns, with illuminated capitals, etc.).
- (fol. 60). A treatise de praeceptis Decalogi: beg. 'Dicturi de preceptis adiuuante Deo': ends (unfinished) 'sine inclinacione ad su-' (early 14th century: with illuminated capitals, etc.)
A paper of 17th century notes occupies fols. 47lb-c.
- made up of three MSS. written in the 13th and and 14 century in England
Language of Materials
MS. Bodl. 641
Other Finding Aids
Falconer Madan, et al., A summary catalogue of western manuscripts in the Bodleian Library at Oxford which have not hitherto been catalogued in the Quarto series (7 vols. in 8 [vol. II in 2 parts], Oxford, 1895-1953; reprinted, with corrections in vols. I and VII, Munich, 1980), vol. V, no. 27706.
'1745 D.D. Humphr. Perrott Coll. Oriel Soc.' The name 'Wimundham' is on fol. 80 in a 15th century hand.
On parchment, imperfect
7 3/8 × 5 3/8 in.