Codex of religious manuscripts, made up of three MSS. written in the 13th and and 14 century in England
Codex of religious manuscripts:
- (fol. 1) Part of a sermon de Virginitate, on Matth. xiii. 45: beg. 'Simile est regnum celi ... Per margaritam significatur castitas': ends (imperfect) 'aduersus carnem colluctacio & uincendi corporis', with catchwords 'ac domandi' (late 13th century).
- (fol. 13) The latter part of Eadmer's De similitudinibus s. Anselmi Cantuar. episcopi: beg. 'bili. Non enim custodiendo' in chap. 156 (here numbered 159): ends in chap. 192 (191) 'ne nobis noceant in quantum volunt. Explicit liber beati Ancelmi de Similitudinibus.' (13th century; in two columns, with illuminated capitals, etc.)
- (fol. 24). 'Omelie sancti Cesarii episcopi Arelatensis'; fifteen in number (13th century; in two columns, with illuminated capitals, etc.).
- (fol. 60). A treatise de praeceptis Decalogi: beg. 'Dicturi de preceptis adiuuante Deo': ends (unfinished) 'sine inclinacione ad su-' (early 14th century: with illuminated capitals, etc.)
A paper of 17th century notes occupies fols. 47lb-c.
- Creation: made up of three MSS. written in the 13th and and 14 century in England
Language of Materials
MS. Bodl. 641
Other Finding Aids
Falconer Madan, et al., A summary catalogue of western manuscripts in the Bodleian Library at Oxford which have not hitherto been catalogued in the Quarto series (7 vols. in 8 [vol. II in 2 parts], Oxford, 1895-1953; reprinted, with corrections in vols. I and VII, Munich, 1980), vol. V, no. 27706.
'1745 D.D. Humphr. Perrott Coll. Oriel Soc.' The name 'Wimundham' is on fol. 80 in a 15th century hand.
On parchment, imperfect
7 3/8 × 5 3/8 in.