Made up of several Latin pieces, Written in the 10th and 11th centuries, probably in France
MS. Bodl. 232
Made up of several pieces:
- Fol. 1, 3v, 10, 21. Tables and short treatises connected with the Ecclesiastical Calendar, in Latin, chiefly written in the 11th century. The calculation on fol. 8v was composed in A.D. 863. fols. 10r-17v were written apparently in A.D. 993.
- Fol. 3r, 9v. On two blank pages of the above treatises are written in two hands of the 12th century some Latin hymns, with musical notes.
- Fol. 18. Medicinal recipes, in a hand of about A.D. 900: with additions in a somewhat later writing. On fol. 21v-22r are forms of manumission and betrothal, written early in the 10th century, with traces of a Merovingian (?) hand.
- Fol. 25. A fly-leaf from an 11th century Latin Lectionary, containing Acts xx. 7 (Paulus disputabat)--12 end, xxviii. 1--end?, in part almost illegible.
- Written in the 10th and 11th centuries, probably in France
Language of Materials
MS. Bodl. 232
Other Finding Aids
Falconer Madan, et al., A summary catalogue of western manuscripts in the Bodleian Library at Oxford which have not hitherto been catalogued in the Quarto series (7 vols. in 8 [vol. II in 2 parts], Oxford, 1895-1953; reprinted, with corrections in vols. I and VII, Munich, 1980), vol. III, no. 8838
11 5/8 × 8 1/4 in.