Genealogical and heraldic collections of Strangman, 16th-17th century
Genealogical and heraldic collections of Strangman, including extracts from the Close, Charter and Plea Rolls, temp. King John, with:
- (fols. 1-117) similar collections of Sir Henry St. George, 17th century, including extracts from monastic cartularies and Hundred and Originalia Rolls;
- (fols. 252-258) an index to the whole volume by St. George.
The volume also contains:
- (fols. 41v, 43v, 44) pen-and-ink drawings of knights and castles;
- (fol. 99v) a setting of the ballad 'Rowland' in lute tablature.
- Creation: 16th-17th century
Language of Materials
MS. Top. gen. c. 90
Other Finding Aids
M. Clapinson and T.D. Rogers, Summary Catalogue of Post-Medieval Western Manuscripts in the Bodleian Library Oxford. Acquisitions 1916-1975. (Oxford, 1991), vol. II, no. 54164.